Friday, January 11, 2013

The rational thing







"When you're dreaming with a broken heart,
the waking up is the hardest part.
You roll outta bed, and down on your knees,
and for a moment, you can hardly breathe."

-John Mayer








It was something we both knew all along.
But over two days, the facts and expectations and inherent uncertainties of staying together slowly rose to the surface of the space between us and congealed into reality. 

We must be practical. 

I love him. 
And he loves me. 
I trust him


So there are endless roads to heartache, it seems. 
My head is pounding. 

12 comments:

  1. I wish I could leave sound effects in these comment boxes. My friend you have a serious way with words. Love this piece. Sending love.

    xoxo
    Nike O.
    www.eighthundredsqft.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every word you write contains a feeling, I love how it brings me back to places. Memories. You have a beautiful gift with words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I hope you're alright.

    Please check in soon, ok?

    Take care of yourself, I'm worried.

    *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel, you put in to words exactly how I feel...

    I hope you are okay

    ReplyDelete
  5. -hugs- I hope things are alright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Death seems more unreal than life.
    One of my too many realizations too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know that feeling of waking up and suddenly realizing the bad part..

    ✗ℴ ♡

    +To Me It Matters+

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are endless roads to heartache...but there are also endless roads to love :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I <3 John Mayer. A beautiful quote!

    xo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete
  10. So there are endless roads to heartache, it seems.
    My head is pounding.

    you said it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete